I proposed this post on Twitter and people seemed to think it was a good idea. I’m sure something on here will offend someone but I think the Not Offending People ship has sailed for me. Enjoy!
- I automatically assume anyone wearing a Bluetooth earpiece is a douchebag,
- I don’t care what kind of diapers you use. Cloth, disposable, paper-towels secured with duct tape. Don’t care. Not interested.
- I sometimes unfollow people who post Bible quotes on Twitter. If I wanted Bible quotes, I’d read the Bible.
- I hate it when people refer to themselves as parents to their pets. That goes double if they call pets “fur-babies”.
- I hate any and all cutesy abbreviations that are popular on message boards such as DH, DS, DD. That goes double for anyone who calls sex “baby-dancing”.
- I think spending more than $20 on a pair of non-prescription sunglasses is stupid.
- I think Brazilian waxing looks gross.
- I think PETA is annoying and wish they’d turn their energy to helping people.
- I think The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are one step shy of being prostitution.
- I’m not entirely sure NASCAR should count as a sport.
- I think people who hunt just to hang stuffed, dead animals in their house should shelve their egos and take up another hobby. One that doesn’t kill anything for fun.
- I don’t think Robert Pattinson is hot.
- I think anyone who is questioning President Obama’s citizenship is wrong.
- I’m pretty sure showing your boobs on Twitter won’t advance the cause of ending breast cancer. Donating to a cancer non-profit is a better idea.
- I think lip fillers always look bad.
- I think teachers should make education policy. Not politicians.
- I loathe Dora the Explorer and won’t allow her in my home. There are less annoying ways to teach kids Spanish than having a cartoon shriek it at them.
- I would not be sad if the heads of tobacco companies got lung cancer.
- I cannot be friends with homophobes.
- I disdain status handbags but it may only be because I’m jealous of them.
- I don’t think being rich is a good life goal.
- I think putting your kids on a reality tv series is a bad parenting decision.
- I will never get my kid one of those Power Wheels electric riding cars. I will get him a bike.
- It’s not babysitting when it’s your own kid.
- I get a special little spring in my step whenever Michigan loses a football game. O-H-I-O!
I am right there with you on most of these except for #4…I am guilty of referring to my kitty as my furbaby and calling myself his mommy! And #20 I also disliked designer handbags until I got myself a Coach bag…now I am a hypocrite…sigh…
YES! to so, SO many of them. I cry inside when parents refer to time with their kids as “babysitting.” I’m grateful my husband doesn’t! And I don’t like the letters on the outside of status handbags. They’re not pretty! I don’t want one! And Nascar isn’t a sport. Turning left for three hours? Really?
So many more…
HILARIOUS! I agree with many of these… but not all. My dog is my first baby. 🙂 Don’t hate me?
Yes, yes, yes on #5…the term baby-dancing makes me want to throw up!
Numbers 5 and 17? Oh my gosh, YES! Can’t stand either!
I am guilty of numbers 6 and 20… Can’t even help it.
And as a teacher? I cannot scream number 16 loud enough!
spot on. I cant stand it when people write “bewbies” when referring to their breasts.
Okay, I’m dumb…thanks for that DH, DD, and DS comment…what the hell are they abbreviations for? Dear Husband, Dear Daughter, and Dear Son? Whatever. But…I have to out myself as a reasonable Dora tolerator. My kids both watch and enjoy it, and it’s reasonably educational, so I allow it. Not my favorite program, but we have our TV hour of Dora and Deigo that we allow before bedtime. I think this is the only place you and I differ in, though! 🙂
I love you. That is all.
Delightfully bitchy list! Count me in as another “DH/DS/DD/D whatever” hater. 🙂
You know what’s worse than people claiming Robert Pattinson is hot?
Grown women referring to him as “R-Patt”.
I throw up in my mouth a little each time I hear it.
Can we be friends?
Never heard that term before, but *SHUDDER* urgh. that is wrong. People know you shouldn’t have the babies involved in the sex right? the images that phrase brings into my head are wrong, just wrong.
Thanks. and I just had breakfast. :OD
I never understood the DH, DD thing either. But then, people are weird.
I truly love you.
I had to look up DH – I thought it meant “Dick Hat”.
I was mostly on board with all of these, right up until number 25. Then I fell in love with you. O-H-I-O!!
Totally love the list. Although, Dora is allowed in our house. I wish my kids would watch her more than Caiou? Caiuo? Ciauo? (the bald kid). I can’t stand the whining!! #25 is great, but not because of Ohio, just because I think the Wolverines are overrated.
We definitely have to meet one day. You, me and Casey(Kadield) at Ben’s chili bowl or for drinks somewhere.
Number 3 9, 12 and 24. Thank you
Holy crap! THat was awesome!! Most of them resonate with me…and some seemed to create profoundly strong feelings. Is that crazy!!! Pets are not your babies! THat one actually urks me!
I’m going to argue with you on NASCAR. These people sit in 120 degree cars in what amounts to a full body of flannel without the leisure of a/c, a convertible top or heck, even ice water for four plus hours. They are driving thousand pound machines 200mph 6 inches away from the bumper of the guy in front of him, who is also going 200mph. Winning a race takes not only good driving skills, but good strategy. When do you change tires? How much gas to do you have left (which is figured out by fuel mileage, not by a gas gauge)? How fast are you going (which is figured out by RPM’s not a speedometer)?
To be able to do all that math, develop strategies with your team, all while driving boxed in at 200mph… If that’s not an athlete, I’m not sure what is.
If you’ve never watched a NASCAR race in its entirety, or at least the last 40 laps of one or so, it’s not a fair statement to make.
I love this idea and will be stealing it. I have never heard the term “baby dancing” but it pretty much creeps me out. Talk about throwing up a little bit in my throat. And I don’t know who Robert Pattinson is. I’ve got to google.
Ps I am my animals mom–fur babies and human babies!
Hmph. Just last night I had to kick out my fur-babies out of bed so DH and I could babydance 😉 NASCAR is a sport like David Blaine is a magician.endurance…but no magic.
#4, #5, #8: Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. (#5 is why I had to give up on the parenting and infertility boards. They’re embryos, not “embies.” And my husband is my husband, not my DH. Although I think I’m now going to steal Amy’s idea and use it as an abbreviation for Dick Hat.)
Love it! And I didn’t know you were a Buckeye fan. O-H-I-O!
I have never heard the term “baby-dancing.”
I feel quite violated by that term. Ew.
and I agree on many things, esp. #19 but not #6.
Completely agree with you on many of these, but particularly #4. Yes, having pets is a big responsibility, but it is NOT the same as parenting.
That is the right weblog for anyone who wants to seek out out about this topic. You understand so much its nearly arduous to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You undoubtedly put a new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, just great!
Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was looking for! If you have more time, please visit my site: http://phongcachthoitrangvintage2014.wordpress.com
It’s a perfect time to stock up on V|AGRA & C|ALIS! at http://mcaf.ee/pufro
I’m really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog
like this one today.
I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i am glad to express that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I most unquestionably will make certain to don¡¦t overlook this web site and provides it a look on a relentless basis.