1) Cancer Advocates: A Couple of times each year I have the unequaled privilege of working at events where hundreds of cancer survivors, their families, and caregivers, come to Washington to meet with Members of Congress about how to improve cancer research, prevention, early detection and treatment. These people are unquestionably the bravest, most committed, strongest souls I have ever met. It is extraordinary to listen to a person who overcame this terrible disease and, in the wake of that, is determined to dedicate their time and energy working toward an end to cancer so no one else ever suffers from it. I stand in awe. Every time.
2) C likes water play at school this summer. Last year he would sob his way through sprinklers and hoses during the once-a-week water play days his daycare does. They started it up again this week and the whole staff was watching C to see how he’d handle it. I got to daycare to pick him up and was pointed in the direction of the pictures they taken of my clearly delighted, soaking wet son splashing through the water with his friends.
3) There are bunnies in my new neighborhood. Yeah, they eat gardens and they probably have fleas but they’re cute little brown bunnies who hop around our lawns and C LOVES them.
4) I got a 2nd degree burn on my middle finger flat ironing my hair this week. The burn itself doesn’t make me happy but the process of flat ironing my hair is entertaining me and the fact that I’m staggeringly inept at it means that I have PLENTY of fodder for the first installment of my Beauty: Top Down series, due in bookstores in major magazines on this blog next week.
5) I get to giveaway terrific artwork! The winner of a Mod Silhouette by JessaZG is Commenter Number 18: Law Momma!
True Random Number Generator
Law Momma has been notified via email and has 24 hours to claim her prize.
Have great weekend everyone!
Great list. Except for the part where I didn’t win.
Congrats, Law Momma!
(o hai, I’m four.)
Oh, how I was banking on winning this.
In any event, I’m glad C is happy with the sprinklers. They’re such a great part of childhood.
Awesome! Boo Boo loves to play at our Y Splash Pad – it is so fun to watch!!! 🙂 Glad he likes it this year.
Awh, I didn’t win. Oh well, just an excuse to come visit this awesome blog of yours.